Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"On The Air"

Priscilla, Robert, Maddy, and Jennifer at FM 95


.

On Saturday afternoon four of our children were on the radio! It was an exciting day for all of us at The Door of Hope as we were at home tuning our radios to listen to the show. The host of the show is a leader for Y4C (Youth for Christ) the youth group at Masaka Pentecostal Church. Their topic for the day was "How important is parental guidance for the behavior of the teenager."
.
Our family was so proud to hear all the opinions of the radio guests because they had some good answers and comments. I believe they did a good job because we have been invited back. That is always a good sign!
.
As I was listening I couldn't help think about the background of some of these kids. The listening audience never were told that these children live in a group home and have not all had parental support or guidance. Maybe that is why they do value parental guidance! When I heard some of the answers and I knew they were speaking from their heart because I know the history of these children and they were speaking from experience.
.
They really did a good job, I am not just a proud grandfather.


No comments: