Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Workers are Few

It took most of the day before I saw the connection, you know sometimes when it hits you right in the middle of your head and you still need help.

This Sunday Morning I woke up extra early before anyone else and this house of nine people was extremely quiet. I have had times like this before but it is usually about 3:00AM when the Lord has a talk with me. I have learned not to resist, so I obediently got up and opened my bible.


It opened to Matthew 10:35 The Workers are Few

Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37
Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

Now we come to the beginning of chapter ten and it is "Jesus Sends Out the Twelve"


In the process of reading 9:37 my study Bible referred me to Luke Chapter 10 Jesus Sends -Out the Seventy-two. It starts out: After the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was to go. He told them "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the Harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field...


And then I am referred to John 4:36 Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. Thus the saying 'One sows and another reaps' is true. 38 I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor."

So now I say OK Lord, the sower and the reaper... You want me to do more evangelism in our Ministry? Uh, do we need to change or add something? I know, You want it to be the priority in our Ministry besides feeding kids earthly food, right?

Then I discovered the significance of all of this for today! A validation from God! Awesome! This morning is when I found the blog entry that occurred very early in the morning from Moses in Africa, our young evangelist, entitled My Life Story which tells (as Paul Harvey used to say) "The rest of the story" explaining the significance of our relationship with the Lord and how he was the seed sowed (on fertile soil). Praise God!!

Needless to say, I think we got the message, we will continue sowing and reaping!
.

No comments: