Sunday, March 16, 2008

This time last year....

I was with two other women flying back from Uganda! On this exact date we had completed our mission to take pictures and get profiles on all the children at the Jireh Children's Centre. We were exhausted. We were overwhelmed by the needs at Jireh. Our hearts were filled with so many mixed emotions and yet filled with such joy those children penetrate into our hearts.

I'm here in my study saying, I could do more. I could do better. I wake up thinking of the children. I go to bed thinking of the children and work my day job thinking of the children.
Their needs consume my thoughts. I believe if I had more time I could be a stronger voice for those "voiceless" children.

Have you ever had so many things in a room that you had to sort, toss, organize, etc. that you just didn't know where to begin? Long ago someone told me those situations are like eating an elephant..you can't eat it all at once but you can if you take one bite at a time. Well I love elephants (Enjovu in Luganda) but the concept is there and that is what needs to be done at Jireh. One step at a time. One need met at a time. One child at a time.

Pastor Grace (Benjamin Kintu) will be arriving to our home this Thursday. We will celebrate a traditional Seder Meal (passover meal) at our church at Trinity Presbyterian in The Colony. We are so excited to have him back in our home again. The last time he was here was prior to the "birth" of the Jireh Ministries Foundation founded by Jim and Robyn Fruehan.
He is scheduled to have lunch with our pastor James Kim and a few others on Good Friday. Saturday we will have an open house reception from 1-4pm and then begin preparing for a wonderful Easter Celebration with Pastor Grace. Dinner in the afternoon and we send him back to Tulsa to be with Tim Way and his family. To have Pastor Grace with us has been and will be a blessing.

I pray for more people to hear our voices for all those at Jireh, to be moved by the Holy Spirit to give of their time, talent and treasures for Jireh and to do all this to Glorify our God, our Creator, Our Jehovah Jireh.
A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.
Proverbs 22:9

-Janet Ohlig

No comments: