Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Song of Praise

As I awaken to the early morning sounds of Uganda, melodies that I have only heard in this land; a choir of birds, each singing in their own language, their voices echo through the trees. The song reaches my soul.  "It's a new day, rise and praise the Lord!  The sun is shining, the land is green and fertile, let us give thanks to the Lord for He is good!"

Lord, give me the instinct you have placed in your creation, to be full of worship to you as each new day begins, help me to wake up on the other side of night with a cheerful sound, one that alerts other souls to the joy that is in my heart.  I want to live fully in the breath of your salvation.  You are everything to me, may my actions speak this truth.
In Jesus name,
 Amen

Last Sunday as Jim and I worshipped at Kasaka School Church, the Lord guided me to Psalm 100.  The scripture proclaimed a beautiful message.  I realize now, that He intended it to reach not only me, or that sweet congregation, but to reach each one of you too.  God's timing is perfect, may Psalm 100 touch your heart as it did mine.

Happy Thanksgiving America!
Robyn

Psalm 100
A song of Praise for the Lord's Faithfulness to His People

A Psalm of Thanksgiving

Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is Good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.


1 comment:

Todd and Jenny said...

Wow! Loved that. Thank you for sharing your heart & putting it into beautiful words.
~Jenny